Thursday, November 14, 2013

5/365 - origami flamingo





Day five : Origami Flamingo

This is the prompt that I used:




"Make something out of paper, but don't use scissors or glue or draw on it. What now? (And no, you don't have to know origami to do this.)"

........ And no, you don't have to know origami to do this......

Figures this would be the part of that prompt that jumped jumped off of the page and bounced around in my head like a Ping pong ball. 

The hell I don't! I am going to make an origami flamingo If it takes all day..... dammit.

I am the type of person who loves a challenge.... and I sometimes perceive something as a challenge that was not intended to be one. This is not always a good thing, but it's just who I am.

The closest that I have come to doing origami was making a paper airplane and throwing it across a classroom (and, subsequently, flying another one in afternoon detention.....). I found a video that shows the steps to making an origami flamingo and followed along as best as I could. I had to start over a couple of times, but I didn't feel frustrated.... I felt determined, and curious, but not the least bit frustrated. 

Luckily for me, I am not also the type of person who views everything as a competition. There is not a competitive bone in my body. As such, I am completely satisfied with my little imperfect origami flamingo. 

#5 complete.