Monday, November 18, 2013

9/365 - Steambird

Today marks 6 weeks since my surgery.
I'm not thinking about this because I'm keeping track, because I'm not. But I probably should....

My body is reminding me today that it has only been 6 weeks since surgery. And it was not a simple, quick recovery type of surgery.
It's been 6 weeks since my craniotomy. Recovering from a craniotomy takes time. And I had a "double surgery", which included opening up my stomach, as well.
My energy level is higher, but I have a bad habit of overdoing it when I have more energy. I still need to be resting, too. Naps are my best friend. The last day that I stopped to take a nap was Friday.... and I'm feeling it today.

I'm out of steam.

I feel like crap today, but it's nothing that a day of rest won't fix. It's not a bad day, it's just a day. It's a day to remind myself to take it easy. That's all. I don't really feel bad that I feel bad.... I had a good weekend, even if it did knock me on my ass. I just need to remember to stop and rest, too... my body isn't ready to go full force, even though my mind is. Lesson learned.

My attire for the day - PJs.
Comfy PJs.
I took a shower, and changed into clean, comfy PJs.
And I drew today's flamingo on the steamed up mirror. So at the end of the day, if I have done nothing but lounge around in PJs all day, I still will have accomplished something - I did #9 of 365 daily flamingos.
Accomplishing something, no matter how small the accomplishment may be, is better than accomplishing nothing.

9/365 complete. Nap time.....