Tuesday, November 19, 2013

10/365 - Gratitude

Today I used a prompt from a Facebook group (Art Every Day of November) for my daily flamingo.

this is the prompt:

November 19th: Welcome to Tuesday. I hope you are all enjoying the journey. 

Warm Colors: Can you use reds, oranges, yellows in your work? Color directly affects our well being. RED is dynamic! Its the longest wavelength of all colors, a little makes a big statement! It appears 'nearer' than than other colors in an image, therefore it grabs our attention first. It can stimulate and raise the pulse rate, you would never see red walls in a hospital. Think of the color of blood or red traffic lights! Orange and yellow are much more subtle. How do you use warm colors? 

(Thank you, Diane, for your inspiring prompts)

I decided to do a quick sketch on an ATC (2.5" X 3.5" sheet of Bristol paper), using Prismacolors. You can get fabulously rich & vibrant colors with Prismacolors. I love them. 

My left eye is bothering me a bit today, so fine details in the small field of vision that I can see clearly are a bit blurry. I thought that a pair of prescription reading glasses that I have would help with this. They did help. But I took them off, quickly. They were pressing on what feels like a screw directly under the part of my scar that curves from my left temple to directly in front of my left ear. Ouch. No glasses for me for a while. Bummed me out for a few minutes. Damn, this sucks! I had to spend a few minutes digging myself out of that hole of self-pity that I found myself slipping into. 
I've come to far to go to that dark place. 

 Soooo....no laboring over details and greyscale and all of that stuff today. I'm keeping it simple. I'd like to spend more time working on a larger drawing & focusing on the texture of the feathers and whatnot.... but I'll put that on the back burner for when my vision is better and just enjoy and be grateful for what I can do today.

Flamingo theme of the day - gratitude.



this is one of my go-to songs to brighten a 'poor pitiful me' mood..