Tuesday, December 17, 2013

38/365 - eye exam

I had an appointment with the eye doctor today....

Apparently, I have 6th nerve palsy now, which is a complication from my surgery. This is what is causing my double vision. She said that it's possible that it will improve on it's own, but It's also possible that I may need surgery for it. I go back in two months to monitor any changes & if there is no improvement I would need surgery. I am hoping that it improves enough on it's own that I won't need that. There is something about the thought of surgery to fix a complication/injury from surgery that rubs me the wrong way.
Either way, it will never be completely back to normal. Even with surgery.
I can hope for improvement..... another new normal.

The nurse who called me from the waiting room, chart in hand, gave me a greeting that kinda threw me for a loop... She said "Hi Miss Wyatt! I bet you're happy to be alive!".
I found that very strange, but it gave me something to be grateful for as my fears that this was more than just a normal side effect that would go away were confirmed.

Things could always be worse.

I got this.
I'll deal with it.
Not exactly happy about it, but it is what it is.

I left today's flamingo in the exam room.

I love doing weird stuff like that, especially if it involves any kind of medical tests because I dread all of this stuff. It adds a little bit of fun for me....