Monday, December 2, 2013

23/365 - Seashells

Cyborg weather update ~ overcast

I woke up today feeling a little icky. Surprise, surprise, barometric pressure is confusing my shunt valve. I need to name it.... so that I can fuss at it on mornings like today. Damn you.... <insert name here>... stop these shenanigans! I love that word.... shenanigans... it's such a fun word to say.

This is one of those "new normals" that I'm still trying to adjust to. The weather is just slightly overcast, and just slightly bothering me today... just enough to feel like you do when you're starting to come down with a cold, but you're not at that kleenex at arms reach, slurping up chicken soup or sucking on a cough drop level. I guess this is what a %20 chance of rain feels like.

I was going to use a prompt today to use something that you collect. Not surprisingly, I have a collection of flamingos. But, I scratched that idea and decided to play around with some seashells and sand dollar pieces from a trip to the beach, instead.
I'm in a sort-of "find your happy place" space. I don't want to sit around, wallowing in an icky space all morning. That is such a waste of time.
Happy memories of happy times & fun people & places always bring a smile to my face. And when I'm smiling, it chips away at the "icky".  As an extra smile, I keep these shells in a Raku bowl that I made a while back, when I was doing pottery every day. Raku firings are very fun to experience....

Mind over matter.

It's going to be a good day, today. No matter what.....